Volunteering and fundraising
Helping through Volunteering
It is not currently possible to volunteer due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. We hope to offer this again in the future and thank all our volunteers for their efforts so far!
Our Centre fundraising campaign
77-79 King St, Aberdeen was acquired in March 2019 as the future home of Kadampa Meditation Centre Aberdeen, and the initial renovation stages undertaken. We are looking forwards to completing the renovations and opening the Centre after the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. Until then we are offering online meditation classes and courses to support people through this difficult time.
Please consider making a donation to the Centre to help fund the renovations for the benefit of the thousands of people in Aberdeen and the north of Scotland who will have access to this beautiful, holy place – giving people methods to solve their problems and find a meaningful life.
Your charitable donation will help Dharma to flourish in the north of Scotland.
Renovations so far undertaken:
- Internal demolition, roof repairs and sash window renovation
- New secondary glazing for the meditation room (to minimise road sound transference and maximise heat retention)
- Installation of heat recovery ventilation system in meditation room and top floor
- Top floor flat construction
- New bathrooms (including disability accessible toilet)
- Energy efficient boiler installation and electrical upgrade
In Progress or Coming Soon, for project completion by Spring 2020
- Beautiful handcrafted shrine cabinet and throne
- New light fittings throughout including energy saving sensor lights for hallways, LED strips for shrine cabinet and LED spots for meditation room and ground floor
- Audio visual systems including hearing loops on ground and first floors
- Architectural glass inner entrance
- Creation of ground floor reception and coffee bar area
- External signage and front door refurbishment
- Flooring throughout and internal decoration
To help us achieve these goals by making a financial gift, please click the donate button above to donate through paypal or contact our Administration Director, Fiona Cowan, on 07766 143246 or email@example.com.
If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased under the Gift Aid scheme at no extra cost to you. Please contact Fiona for further details.
Thank you for your generous support of Kadampa Meditation Centre Aberdeen.