Inverness Meditation Class
The Spectrum Centre 1B Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LS
Monthly on Saturdays 10:30-13:00
Monthly Saturday Morning Classes
Uplifting guided meditations and short talks based on Modern Buddhism – beginners welcome
Meditation is a simple, effective method to calm the mind and let go of stress, tension and worry. We have a different theme each month.
With Buddhist nun Gen Tubchen
Enjoy a stress-free morning of peace and tranquillity!
1 Jul – Meditation: An Inner Science
Everyone can learn to meditate. If you have a mind you can meditate!
Kadampa Buddhism offers systematic, logical and scientific methods of meditation that anyone can learn and experience the same rewarding results.
The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful.
If our mind is peaceful, we will be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we will experience true happiness; but if our mind is not peaceful, we will find it very difficult to be happy even if we are living in the very best conditions.
Through training our mind in the inner science of meditation we can discover through our own inner research how to develop deeper and deeper mental peace, how to create the inner causes of happiness and how to free ourselves from negative states of mind. In this way we can develop a deep inner strength and knowledge of our own mind that will benefit us throughout our life.
- From 10.30am – 1pm with a short break in the middle for refreshments.
- There are guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of the class
- In person only (not available online)
- £15 (free for members)
- You can pay in-person or book online and show your confirmation email.
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24 hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher, she is loved for her clear, powerful and practical teachings. She has 20 years of experience of engaging in, teaching and guiding retreats and has taught in both the Nordic region and the UK.
- Trial 1 month membership£35.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£105.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £35/month