Know Your Own Mind
During this 4 week series you will gain a deeper and more precise understanding into how your mind works. By training in meditation as a tool, you can begin to know through your own direct experience what is going on in your mind, as well as exploring its deeper nature, power and potential.
Through understanding how your mind functions you will begin to see how your mind is constantly creating your reality and how by changing your mind you can change your world, your experiences and your relationships with others.
The course will include guided meditations and practical advice for developing positive mental habits that bring greater confidence, skill, mental peace and happiness.
Our courses are supported by the 2024 Mental Health and Well Being Fund for Aberdeen and are perfect for supporting good mental health and taking steps to solve inner problems at an early stage.
These courses draw on the timeless wisdom of Buddhism but are open to everyone and suitable for people of every background.
This course will be based on extracts from the book How to Understand the Mind.
Mar 4: What actually is mindfulness?
Mar 11: Where do our feelings come from?
Mar 18: How does our mind create our reality?
Mar 25: How to realise your full potential
- The class runs from 11am – 12.15pm
- There are 2 guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of class in the cafe
- Join in person or available online via livestream for members
- You can attend any individual class
- £9 (free for members)
- Book all classes in a series – 4 classes series for £27
- Concessions available for those who need them – please send us an email
- For members the classes are free, no need to book, just drop in
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity
- Cancellations up to 24 hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher who ordained as a Buddhist nun in 2003, she is loved for her warm heart, her caring attitude and her clear, powerful and practical teachings.
- Trial 1 month membership£37.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£111.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £37/month