Monday Morning Meditation Class 11am-12.15pm
Meditation an Inner Science
Everyone can learn to meditate. If you have a mind you can meditate!
Kadampa Buddhism offers systematic, logical and scientific methods of meditation that anyone can learn and experience the same rewarding results.
The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful.
If our mind is peaceful, we will be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we will experience true happiness; but if our mind is not peaceful, we will find it very difficult to be happy even if we are living in the very best conditions.
Through training our mind in the inner science of meditation we can discover through our own inner research how to develop deeper and deeper mental peace, how to create the inner causes of happiness and how to free ourselves from negative states of mind. In this way we can develop a deep inner strength and knowledge of our own mind that will benefit us throughout our life.
Everyone is welcome!
Jun 5 – How does meditation work?
Jun 12 – Deepening our mental peace
Jun 19 – Knowing our own mind
Jun 26 – Meditation practice that brings results
Please note there will not be a class on May 29th
- The class runs from 11am – 12.15pm
- There are 2 guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of class
- Join in person or classes are now available to view online via livestream for members only
- You can attend any individual class
- £8 (free for members)
- Book all classes in a series – 4 classes series for £24, 3 classes series for £16
- For members the classes are free, no need to book, just drop in
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher who ordained as a Buddhist nun in 2003, she is loved for her warm heart, her caring attitude and her clear, powerful and practical teachings.
- Trial 1 month membership£35.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£105.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £35/month