A Practical Guide to a Happy Life
This autumn our Thursday evening drop in meditation classes are based on the book Universal Compassion over a series of short courses.
The book itself gives a practical and uplifting explanation of how we can transform our day-to-day lives – including even the most demanding and difficult situations – into opportunities for personal and spiritual development.
This course will explore and bring to life ancient meditative techniques that date back to Buddha, have been tried and tested for centuries and remain relevant to our everyday experiences. In particular the extraordinary, transforming mind of compassion.
In this series of classes we will explore each section of the book, including the original poem that Universal Compassion is based on. Called Training the mind in Seven points, it was composed 900 years ago by the Geshe Chekhawa in Tibet and contains many unique insights and meditations.
Our Thursday class is at a slightly deeper level than the Monday and Tuesday classes but still suitable for new people with an interest in Buddhism. It is also perfect preparation for joining a deeper study program in the future.
Nov 23 – Transforming Adverse Conditions into the Spiritual path
Nov 30 – The Five Forces for success in our practice
Dec 7 – The measurement of success
Dec 14 – The commitments of training the mind
- The class runs from 7pm – 8:15pm
- There are 2 guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of the in-person class from 8:15 – 8:30.
- Join in person or available to view online via livestream for members
- You can attend any individual class
- £9 (free for members)
- Book all classes in a series – 5 classes series £36, 4 classes series for £27
- For members the classes are free, no need to book, just drop in
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher, she is loved for her clear, powerful and practical teachings. She has 20 years of experience of engaging in, teaching and guiding retreats and has taught in both the Nordic region and the UK.
- Trial 1 month membership£37.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£111.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £37/month