Thursday Meditation Class
Tantra for Beginners
In this series of 5 classes you will receive an introduction to Buddha’s Tantric teachings and meditations. This is a rare opportunity to learn more about Tantra within Buddhism, which includes special methods of visualisation and imagination, mantra meditation and a profound understanding of the subtle body and mind. Through gradually incorporating these methods into our spiritual life we can actualise our blissful enlightened potential quickly and easily.
This course is also perfect preparation for those interested to receive tantric empowerments at the UK International Kadampa Summer Festival in the Lake District.
Recommended reading for this course is the book Mahamudra Tantra and the Audio downloads Meditations for Relaxation and Meditations for a Clear Mind.
Jun 1 – What is Tantra?
Jun 8 – Creativity & Imagination in meditation
Jun 15 – Mantra meditation
Jun 22 – The subtle body & mind
Jun 29 – A qualified practice of Tantra
Please note there is no class on 25th May
- The class runs from 7pm – 8:15pm
- There are 2 guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of the in-person class from 8:15 – 8:30.
- Join in person or classes are now available to view online via livestream for members only
- You can attend any individual class
- £8 (free for members)
- Book all classes in a series – 5 classes series £32, 4 classes series for £24, 3 classes series for £16
- For members the classes are free, no need to book, just drop in
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher, she is loved for her clear, powerful and practical teachings. She has 20 years of experience of engaging in, teaching and guiding retreats and has taught in both the Nordic region and the UK.
- Trial 1 month membership£35.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£105.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £35/month