Meditation Pop-up Events in Aberdeen
Meditation for Mental Health and Wellbeing
Throughout autumn 2023 we will have a series of pop-up workshops across the city focusing on how meditation can help us with our mental health and wellbeing.
Good mental health arises from a healthy and peaceful mind. In these workshops you will learn tried and tested meditation techniques that can help you to take care of your mind, build mental resilience, find inner freedom and experience more joy in life.
Just as it is essential to maintain our physical health, in the same way we all need to take care of our mental wellbeing. With good mental health we can cope with challenges in daily life, whilst poor mental health takes away our joy and wears us down.
Over recent years, meditation has become widely accepted as an important tool in maintaining and improving good mental health. Join us to learn some simple meditation techniques and to discover for yourself how regular meditation can unlock your potential to solve your inner problems, find happiness and experience true mental peace.
These workshops are perfect for those with no previous experience with meditation or for those interested to find out more and to be guided in meditation by an experienced teacher.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is a modern Buddhist nun who has been teaching and practising meditation for over 20 years. She teaches in a very practical, enjoyable and accessible way.
Please come along to one of the events to find out more.
|Mon 2 Oct||The Sir Duncan Rice Library, University of Aberdeen, Bedford Rd, AB24 3AA – Meeting Room 1||19:00 – 20:15||£9 | £5 students Booking Required|
|New Date tbc||The Hub, Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen, AB24 5QH||14:30 – 15:15||Free – Booking Required|
|Mon 30 Oct||Greyhope Bay, Greyhope Rd, Aberdeen AB11 8QX||14:00 – 16:00||Free|
|Mon 6 Nov||Powis Community Centre, 11 Powis Cir, Aberdeen AB24 3YX||19:00 – 20:15||£9 Booking Required|
|Mon 13 Nov||Ferryhill Community Centre, Albury Road, Aberdeen, AB11 6TN||19:00 – 20:15||£9 Booking Required|
- 2 Oct – University of Aberdeen Library£0.00 – £9.00pop-up meditation class at Univeristy of Aberdeen Library Monday 2 October 7pm
- 6 Nov – Powis Community Centre£0.00 – £9.00pop-up meditation class at Powis Community Centre Monday 6 November 7pm
- 13 Nov – Ferryhill Community Centre£0.00 – £9.00pop-up meditation class at Ferryhill Community Centre Monday 13 November 7pm
- Trial 1 month membership£37.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£111.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £37/month