The perfect retreat getaway
Set in an idyllic retreat venue in tranquil surroundings facing the ocean. Between meditations you can enjoy walking by the sea and on the coastal path, sitting in the garden by the stream or wandering around the 17th Century historic harbour.
The power of silence
Normally we are constantly distracted by external objects, busy activities and scattered thoughts. Observing silence is a powerful method to disengage us from busyness and to deepen our contemplation and concentration. The retreat will include silent periods and participants are asked to switch off their phones for the duration of the retreat.
Sometimes life can be challenging and we find ourselves feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope. Our mind can become negative, holding onto unhelpful thoughts about our situation that can cause us to become stressed and unhappy. Since it is not possible to prevent difficulties from arising, we need to develop a strong and flexible mind that can withstand life’s challenges and transform hardships into opportunities for spiritual growth.
This retreat, guided by Gen Kelsang Tubchen, will include teachings and meditations on how to build our mental strength and emotional resilience through meditation practice and Buddhist wisdom, helping us to stay peaceful and positive no matter what life throws at us. We will also learn how to deepen our patience and strengthen our compassion and how we can integrate these practices into our daily life.
The retreat begins on Friday with dinner at 6pm and first session at 7:30pm, and finishes at 4pm on Sunday.
- The course is available to join in person only.
- Each session includes guided meditation and short teachings
- The retreat includes some silent periods in the mornings
- The retreat is run by volunteers and participants are expected to join as part of the retreat experience in with small jobs to help the retreat run smoothly.
- The food is simple homemade vegetarian food and we can cater for vegan / gluten-free requirements if arranged in advance. We recommend bringing some of your own supplies if you have specific requirements.
- 1hr 20mins from Aberdeen and Inverness
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher, she is loved for her clear, powerful and practical teachings. She has 20 years of experience of engaging in, teaching and guiding retreats and has taught in both the Nordic region and the UK.
- Inner Strength and Peace Retreat 24-26 Nov£80.00 – £290.00Please make a booking for your preferred accommodation & pay the course fee. If for any reason we are unable to offer you your chosen accommodation please send us an email – sometimes we can create more singles / twin rooms for example. If you are a mixed gender group wishing to share a […]