28 sessions of guided Lamrim Retreat.
This retreat will be using Prayers for Meditation and the Lamrim meditations as presented in the book The New Meditation Handbook.
Attend the whole retreat or drop in to any session.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
The stages of the path to enlightenment, or “Lamrim” in Tibetan, is the heart of Kadampa Buddhism and the very essence of Buddha’s teachings. It is easy to understand and very practical – ideally suited to modern life.
The great Master Dromtonpa said, ‘Kadam Dharma is like a mala made of gold.’ Just as everyone, even those who do not use a mala (or prayer beads), would be happy to accept a gift of a gold mala because it is made of gold, in a similar way, everyone, even non-Buddhists, can receive benefit from Kadam Dharma. This is because there is no difference between Kadam Dharma and people’s everyday experiences.
Lamrim is a special set of instructions that includes all the essential teachings of Buddha Shakyamuni arranged in such a way that all his teachings can be easily understood and put into practice. It was compiled by the great Indian Buddhist Master Atisha, who brought Buddhism from India to Tibet in AD 1042. There is a completely pure and unbroken lineage of these Lamrim instructions up to our present day Spiritual Guides.
The instructions of Lamrim are easy to understand and practice, and can readily be applied to solving the problems of daily life. If we gain deep experience of Lamrim there will be no basis for these problems; we shall be able to solve them through the power of our inner peace.
Through joyfully and patiently doing these meditations we shall gradually experience the fruits of Lamrim practice. Including a complete transformation of our mind through the power of wisdom and compassion.
Eventually we shall attain freedom from all suffering and the unchanging peace and happiness of enlightenment.
19:00 – 20:30 Retreat Introduction
28th Dec – 3rd January
10:00 – 11:00 Session 1
12:00 – 13:00 Session 2
16:30 – 17:30 Session 3
19:00 – 20:00 Session 4
- Includes guided meditation and teachings
- £8 per session | £28 per day | £120 whole retreat | free for members
- Join in person or classes are now available to view online via livestream for members only
- A light lunch, teas and coffees will be available to purchase from the cafe
- Accommodation available at the Premier Inn approx, £40 per night – next door to the centre.
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher who ordained as a Buddhist nun in 2003, she is loved for her warm heart, her caring attitude and her clear, powerful and practical teachings.
- 27 Dec – 3 Jan Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £120.00Book whole retreat
- 27 Dec Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £8.00Book 27 December of retreat for introductory session
- 28 Dec Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 28 December of retreat or individual sessions on 28 December
- 29 Dec Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 29 December of retreat or individual sessions on 29 December
- 30 Dec Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 30 December of retreat or individual sessions on 30 December
- 31 Dec Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 31 December of retreat or individual sessions on 31 December
- 1 Jan Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 1 January of retreat or individual sessions on 1 January
- 2 Jan Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 2 January of retreat or individual sessions on 2 January
- 3 Jan Lamrim Retreat£0.00 – £28.00Book 3 January of retreat or individual sessions on 3 January
- Trial 1 month membership£37.00Special Offer - one month trial membership for new students living in the North of Scotland. Unlimited classes in person and online for one month.
- On-Going Monthly Membership£111.00Pay 3 months membership by card OR select to pay by standing order during checkout for £37/month