The perfect retreat getaway
Set in an idyllic retreat venue in tranquil surroundings facing the ocean. Between meditations you can enjoy walking by the sea and on the coastal path, sitting in the garden by the stream or wandering around the 17th Century historic harbour.
The power of silence
Normally we are constantly distracted by external objects, busy activities and scattered thoughts. Observing silence is a powerful method to disengage us from busyness and to deepen our contemplation and concentration. The retreat will include silent periods and participants are asked to switch off their phones for the duration of the retreat.
The perfect retreat getaway. In this gentle retreat, we will practise a series of deepening meditations to enable us to let go of distractions and settle the mind into an experience of inner peace.
Enjoy a restful and uplifting weekend retreat on the Moray coast at the beautiful Sail Loft in Portsoy, a wonderful place for peace and reflection. In this tranquil setting, within easy reach of Aberdeen and Inverness, you can enjoy a restful meditation retreat, recharge your batteries and develop inspiring new insights on life.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen, a modern Buddhist nun with over 20 years of experience of engaging in and guiding retreats, will introduce practical meditations on how to maintain positive, peaceful states of mind and present instructions on how to deal with the daily difficulties and problems that everyone experiences. Gen Tubchen will also reveal how we can create lasting inner peace and happiness both for ourselves and others.
The retreat begins on Friday with dinner at 6pm and first session at 7:30pm, and finishes at 4pm on Sunday.
- The course is available to join in person only.
- Each session includes guided meditation and short teachings
- The retreat includes some silent periods in the mornings
- The retreat is run by volunteers and participants are expected to join as part of the retreat experience in with small jobs to help the retreat run smoothly.
- The food is simple homemade vegetarian food and we can cater for vegan / gluten-free requirements if arranged in advance. We recommend bringing some of your own supplies if you have specific requirements.
- 1hr 20mins from Aberdeen and Inverness
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
Gen Kelsang Tubchen is the Resident Teacher at KMC Aberdeen. An inspiring and gifted teacher, she is loved for her clear, powerful and practical teachings. She has 20 years of experience of engaging in, teaching and guiding retreats and has taught in both the Nordic region and the UK.
- Relax and Recharge Retreat 23-25 June£100.00 – £365.00Please make a booking for your preferred accommodation & pay the course fee. If for any reason we are unable to offer you your chosen accommodation please send us an email – sometimes we can create more singles / twin rooms for example. If you are a mixed gender group wishing to share a […]