Know Your Own Mind
During this 4 week series you will gain a deeper and more precise understanding into how your mind works. By training in meditation as a tool, you can begin to know through your own direct experience what is going on in your mind, as well as exploring its deeper nature, power and potential.
Through understanding how your mind functions you will begin to see how your mind is constantly creating your reality and how by changing your mind you can change your world, your experiences and your relationships with others.
The course will include guided meditations and practical advice for developing positive mental habits that bring greater confidence, skill, mental peace and happiness.
These courses draw on the timeless wisdom of Buddhism but are open to everyone and suitable for people of every background.
This course will be based on extracts from the book How to Understand the Mind.
Mar 6: What actually is mindfulness?
Mar 13: Where do our feelings come from?
Mar 20: How does our mind create our reality?
Mar 27: How to realise your full potential
- Wednesdays 6:30-7:45pm
- Elgin Library, Cooper Park, Elgin IV30 1HS
- There are 2 guided meditations and a practical teaching in each class.
- Optional discussion at the end of the class
- In person only (not available online)
- £9 (free for members)
- You can pay in-person or book online and show your confirmation email.
- Book a four week series for £27 or attend any individual class
- All income goes to running the centre which is a registered charity.
- Cancellations up to 24 hours prior to the course will receive a full refund minus a 10% admin fee.
Santu Chatterjee and Jon Hall take the classes in Elgin. They bring to the teachings a wealth of life experience and both teach in a very clear and accessible way. They have both been studying and practicing meditation for many years.